Gotu Kola for Testosterone Boosting? What are the Benefits and Side Effects?
If you are looking for ways to boost your testosterone levels you may want try taking a Gotu Kola supplement. This little known herb has powerful effects and a long history of healing different ailments. This article discusses Gotu Kola benefits and side effects and examines it’s role in natural testosterone boosting.
It is a plant that usually grows in swamps in South Africa and India. The reason it is so effective in treating different ailments is because it is loaded with phytochecmicals, beta-carotene, camphol and campesetol, calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc and Vitamins C, B-1, B-2 and B-3 are just some of them.
Gotu Kola Benefits
- Gotu Kola is thought to increase testosterone levels because men who take it seem to have lower occurrences of erectile dysfunction and they grow muscle faster.
- One explanation could be that this herb helps to dilate blood vessels and increase blood circulation to the lower parts of the body. Since an erection is caused by blood rushing to the penis, one is able to get an erection faster and hold it for longer.
- The same goes for muscle. In order for it to grow as you work out it needs to be well nourished with protein. This protein is transported to the muscle via the blood vessels so when they dilate they are able to feed the muscles more efficiently.
- This herb contains ingredients that help heal wounds faster. Traditionally, it was a common form of treatment in the areas where it grows. The leaves are placed directly over the wound for healing to occur.
- It has many other topical uses and some of them may surprise you. You can place the leaves on sores caused by syphilis (usually difficult to heal), sprains, sore muscles, and believe it or not, snake bite. It is important to note, however, that most of these were ancient uses of the herb.
- Those who are having a hard time initiating a urine stream should try taking Gotu Kola supplements. It has been known to make it easier for older men initiate and finish a urine stream.
- Traditionally, it was observed that women who routinely took this herb did not get pregnant. Although no research has been done to understand why this would happen, it is highly recommended that you don’t take it if you are trying to get pregnant or if you are already.
- Do you suffer from eczema, psoriasis or any other similar skin condition? Gotu Kola leaves or any creams that contain it may be good for you. It helps sooth inflammation and swelling.
- People who are looking for mental clarity, an energy boost and mental focus use Gotu Kola. This is because it helps stimulate the nervous system. It could also be because of the dilation of blood vessels that transport more blood to the brain.
- If you have a cold or you can feel one coming on you should try taking Gotu Kola. It has been known to cure colds, coughs and other respiratory infections.
- It can help reduce water retention in those who suffer from edema, a condition where the body is not able to expel fluid naturally.
- Some people say that it helps stimulate the appetite. This can be very useful especially for those who are sick or in recovery.
- Lastly, it seems to have a positive effect on those suffering from anxiety and depression, which again could have something to do with improved blood circulation.
Gotu Kola for Testosterone
Again, as we already said earlier, those who take Gotu Kola supplements seem to have higher testosterone levels although it is not quite clear how that happens. It would not hurt to include it in your list of supplements if you are working out for muscle growth or if you want o improve your sex life. For men who want to conceive this herb also seems effective.
Gotu Kola Side Effects
Although side effects of Gotu Kola are rare, it is important to know what they are. Before we mention them, you should know the best brands of Gotu Kola to buy. There are some on the market that consist of very little extract, the rest being filler. The filler, which is a mixture of chemicals and other ingredients, is the one that causes most side effects. Other than that, Gotu Kola has few side effects such as:
- Skin sensitivity you may feel like your skin is burning when touched and you may also experience sensitivity to heat and sunlight.
- Some people develop a rash on the sin. This is usually quite mild and goes away before long.
- In the first days you may experience headaches and dizziness. Again, these will go away as your body gets used to the herb.
- Some people have reported nausea and an upset stomach.
Gotu Kola is an excellent herb that can help you grow muscles, improve your sex life and has many other benefits but you must choose your brand carefully. Gotu Kola is appearing as an ingredient in more and more testosterone booster supplements. Though Gotu Kola is loaded with benefits, including natural testosterone boosting, there are a few rare Gotu Kola side effects.